Wednesday, June 4, 2008

So ben a few days outside my blog things are moving along. The bike went downhill and have some options.
After all what more riding. As long as I can keep pushing it. I almost out of my home state. Took (taking ) so far 20. No sweat I just broke Utah last night. Funny thing how private land really robs people. Here in Arizona I have lots places to rest in Utah just the reverse. So I ran across the border back to freedom. I might note there are very few cities in freedom land. Yet what is more cycling? When you can rest along the way.

After Tuba city I headed into Lees Ferry. My bike problems presited. I rode all day along a cliff in the painted desert. Talk about a long valley.

I made it to the colorado river and happily passed page and that huge hill. The ride to the river was at best fast since I was sinking fast. I lost 3000 feet in 32 miles.
I had another permit night, but the valley was hot now and I wanted to dip my toes in the water.

I was happliy greeted by the bridge. So many miles of squeeze the cyclist. Not to mention life flashes routine.
I rode my bike a little of the way just to say I rode_walked across. 89a my new road was narrow and still is I met up with 89.

I made it to the cmap ground. I bought my ticket using windows 98 machine -i saw it reboot$
Then onto the water.

I stopped in Marble Cannyon to do laundry and eat some gas food (as I call it) since no food store they stock a few items. Love the water can't carry enough of that.

I talked with some Tuba kids going fishing and went on a very hot ride through the valley. I was gaining which tends to over heat people. No shade unless your smart and use box culverts. Or whip out your tarp. I like the wind through the box.

So I proceeded to find some thorns and flat tires. Just as I got to the kaibab forest. Nice.

At any rate through 2 flats and 3000 feet I made it to Jacob lake. The climb was brutal. I at 1 and half dinners at the graesy spoon . I also bought more gas food. Beef jerky is king if bagels are the queen.

I enjoyed the elevation nice and cool. Pine forrest.
Lots of ants. I rested a day I liked it so much.

I did do a 10 mile run for some gas food. I hiked along FR that hadn't seen anyone for a long long time.

I came down and found life. I went to Kanab UT and found a stop light. Hadn't seen these stores in a week.
I seen the news.

After much converse with my peeps I was back. For a little while. I have a lead on some tubes. If so I am out of this valley. The valley on the other side of Kaibab Forest.

I checked the radar and saw rain just north wow. Getting hot in the valley. Next stop bryce or ST George UT.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile