Sunday, May 25, 2008

The storm didn't blow itself out. With more snow ready to melt again for me with the wanning days. I decided to wait till noon when it is the hotest part of the day. The sun broke I started my wet teardown and packaging. Care full to keep thins in order and place items with the least chances of getting wet. I could see another batch of snow comming , I was too late and too committed to moving. My 3 season tent would need drying. The red mud made things tedious not to get stuff on you. Yes my tarp and tent have some red scares. The stuff sticks like clay. I managed to get my bike and trailer pushed up the forrest road, which proved diffucult with all the melting snow. Once on the main road I was wishing I had stayed in bed. My biggest fears were laid to rest as this weather pattern was not local to only my hill. I sensed I was on this elevation and hill caused it to keep the cycle of sun and then ice for the last 4 days. I am commited know. Just like my campsite. The sun broke and dried me off. Of course I could see the showers awaiting their desires on me.
The went fast as I was really pushing the pedals. I stopped along the narrows some cold peolple were fishing. I took a dry spell to eat some fruit. Then before I wanted to I hoped back on my stede. Chasing the sun beams which were being drowned in a sea of rain. When I reached Flagstaff city limits. I remebered Casa Grandes limit wasd 30 mi. That was not the case. Yet to have a forrest roads in the city limits was.
The accomadatipns went from ok to good to bad then worse. Of corse motorists didn't understand move over so I don't get sprayed. Cycling up here has been neglected. Filled with people who don't know what to do when meeting a legal cyclist. I credit this mostly from the cyclist I see. Not very assertive , almost asking to get bulluyed. I wonder what the fall is like for this college town. The bike lanes are really bad going all the. way to the intersection.
I finnaly arrived my sandels didn't keep my feet warm even though I dropped a 1000 feet. Now it was rain atleast. The constant cycling kept my circulation going good enough to feel. I found a resturant and collected information from my backberry. Yes coverage. I need a hotel room. Saturday was soggy mess no way I could survive another night with my wet clothes. Besides a little celebration was in order. So I stopped off route 66 in a motel that had been built back in the day. A nice hot shower, and a dam weather forcast please. Since the last forcast I got was way off base. What this is the lasy day? I only needed one more day of food. It worked out in the end. I went to Fatterelli (spelling) pizza place. I wantes to go for a smallwalk and stretch my legs. I was surprised to find a whole shopping plaza behind me room. Laundry wod be on sun and I now know where to take it. The pizza was voted the best in flagstaff. It was really good for rhe dough I spent on it. Upon my trip an Indian was chantin , some couple was malking out, and the police crurzer pulled his 3rd person over. I made it back and ate some pizza.
The next morning I packed up under sunny skies. I never thought 40 degrees would feel so good. I did my food shopping at the all natural store. Of course laundry. I also met the guy who sells trailers. He helped me put a kickstand on my trailer which I had purchsed. Thanks Josh. With every done and the sun ready to set. I headed down hill out of the city. I did have to climb back to 7000 feet, but I had no problems. I am now resting and listening to the rock concert my tent is playing from the wind. I am next to a cinder cone volcano. Tommorow Gray MT.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile