Saturday, June 28, 2008

I moved on through Price with hesitation. I wasn't sure what to expect the next twenty six miles. You see cycling to your destination can be real slow if you want. I got into price at 1800 and didn't leave till 2200. I washed my clothes, looked at everythinmg in the kmart, dollar store, and then went to the food store. Only leavimg after dark. After 40 miles I needed a major break. Now I need to get through the night. Some would surrender to the road. Not me. Just because I can't find a place to sleep doesn't mean I need to sleep. Sure sleeping would be great, but as long you use public space ( walk along a road) they can"t touch you. Now you can go more extreme and sit some place. Wait till some one comes by and makes you move. Even as a security officer trespass tickets were seldom issed if they wondered into the hotel. Keeping a clean campsite will ease the descion wether or not you should be removed or just pushed on. .
I made it through Helper which reminded me so much of PA life I was suspended while traversing it. The town brought old memories back into my life. Profound memories which send a chill down my bones. It brought back the love for the old buildings grandure. Just like the East coast ripe with decay. An apartment with as much character as a the main person in a novel. A town that you could gaze upon and see the history right before your eyes. See that vistor stepping off the train and taking the town in.
A flood of memories still race through me if I make it through tonight where I am I still might go back just to remonise. Even right down to the state run alcohol store yikes. I remember those days.
I am right now splitting a canyon on both sides something I wish the day light would show me.
I made it to a point of entry (a truck inspection point.) It has everything I could need exect a bathroom. Electricty, gabarge, grass, and light.
Now if I can only stay awake. I drank a cup of coffee. That and I bought a liter of coke.
Hopefully a trooper doesn't wisk me away. I only have Ten more miles but I have a huge climb and the 191 is bustling with truck traffic. I am sure any trooper would understand why I am resting here. Key word resting officer. I bet there isn't a whole lot of drunks on the road seeing I am in Utah.. Well as I said before sit somewhere till they make you move. Considering my options. Plus they haul me in they have to haul my stuff in that could take a whole pickup truck or van. Then have to go through it all. Dam I just washed my clothes.
Keep awake you can do it. Five more hours till light.
It is 0000 and I am just ready to put on some warmer clothes the nice thing about all the clothes I brought is I don't need a sleeping bag all the way down to the forties. Anything lower I am sure I would be fine. Even when I was getting snowed on I had no problems walikng around in my clothes.
They said traffic enforcement next 55 miles. Yet right when I get on the highway I almost got creamed by a Semi for no reason at all. Since there was no on comming traffic. As far as visibility I am much brighter in the night. However it is harder to see where I am going with the oncomming lights and debris littering the shoulder. Ashley forrest here I come!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile