Friday, June 27, 2008

Went for a walk I almost can get a frickin signal.
Found a box and started collecting trash amongst a hillside with knee high shrubs. Cows hand carved a path or paths. As evidence of their past. Filled that box up in no time. To bad I can't get money for these cans.
Might be getting sick. My throat is raw. Funny I just polished off a 1/2 gallon of OJ last night and I was fine.
Looking forward to the descent and moving forward to the interstate. Should be 100 percent tomorrow right! Should be interesting trying to find a camp site tomorrow. Not very many close options. You will see!

I met a man with so much hatred yet immersed with so much compassion.
I struck up a conversation with Roger, woa guns and ammo guy. Nice to be camping next to him. Typical wants to blow all the other people to hell. He wants to get a bumper sticker that states "Save the world kill a tree hugger." Tried to stay away from the freedom and not really get into why so much hatred. Yet he is religious LDS.
We of course related in an odd way. Both wanting to remove ourselfs from soceity. ( For different reasons)
I sat in his truck and talked for about twenty minutes he stated he was getting TV from montorose 250 mi. First time in a passenger seat in awhile felt weird and he had the heat on. His wife is struggling to live, but a true fighter. They are having problems with the church or temple. They are trying to get sealed. (Marriage) the LDS is looking at their past and not liking them. Even though they're invovled heavily with the LDS.
At any rate since he drove a truck for a living he gave me an entirely different route description than the guy from the visitor center. Called him a stupid son of a bitch. And then gave good reason.
He also was able to give me some good ideas on camping. Agreeing me with that it is going to be tough finding a camp site. The guy can't ride bikes anymore and I felt bad. He stated he saw 30 to 40 cyclist going to Hanksville. He also contradicted the visitor center and said there was water along that route and persisted I go the shorter route to Denver.
Good luck Roger and god bless Kathy.
He of coursed offered me water and I collected around a gallon and a half.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile