Friday, June 27, 2008

Today was one of those half hazard days.
I got into Torrey and rested too long. I talked with friends at home. Then I went to Bricknell and sat on the internet for two hours updating my blog. Then I went to Loa and pigged out. Loa was the first grocery store I have seen since cedar city. A general store doesn't cut it.


After my morning work out I found a lovely coffee shope Robber's roost to relax. This is where Butch cassidy had his hay day. Torrey was a city that the main street had a canal lining it. Shade trees and the small time feel. As I was leaving a fellow touring guy showed up with the same intentions.
I headed out with some head winds and a little up hill.
Then on to Bricknell where I found a lovely library that has free used books. They also had a satellite college of Utah and an airport. I was heavy on books so I passed. Haven't had to much time to read busy seeing the sights.
They also had internet access which I jumped on. In addition they had a nice water fountain. Elva helped with some other library information in another town like a concierge. (Thanks).
Everyone in UT has been very nice and engaging.
Leaving bricknell and going to Lyman was a nice shoulder. I hope Utah continues this. While rural roads only need patient drivers. Shoulders provide some safety and more encouragement mainly because the ride is less stressful.
I moved through Lyman and onto Loa, another nice town. It seemed that all of these towns provided a rural existence with the various business that combine as a whole community..
Now I was headed up to the Mountains for a day of rest. It is going to be a late one but I can rest and read my new book about sharks. I like the read so far. 44 days thought this would be so much fun. Never thought I would make it so far into Utah. The trip confirms what I already know. While still miss the big cities. It is easier to be homeless out on the road.
More enjoyable also.

Kids what are they doing at a park? Talk about anoyying they are running over the tops of picnic tables. At least they will tire soon.


I made it cold 40s and 80s in the day. I did my night time work out. I will do a reposition to a closer and better spot tommorw. No trees here.
.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile