Friday, August 1, 2008

Buena Vista to Forest road 215 now 307. 8 miles
So leaving the expansive shoulder of 24 to a small one foot shoulder proved difficult for some drives. Of course now spoiled I to re adjust to almost loosing my life every time two motors meet. Semis even.
At any rate I survived the ordeal. For some rational little and I mean little sections had a wide shoulder. I think I will be old and gray by the time they complete that portion of HWY.
They had the coligate scenic view ahead just as I climbed a small hill. There was rain on the road and I must have missed that. Just like sunday when I saw the rumble strips filled with rain. Storms behind me and rain as present before me. I think the rain behind me was local MT stuff not affecting me.
The ride reminded of a few other places I climbed more than I went down. I entered the San Isabel forest and quickly found 315 I knew I was golden then. Signed and every thing. (They called them county roads). Again flat land is a hard thing to find so with light dwindling around I rode on I knew this wasn't an expansive forest by any means. Which I was a little worried for that reason yet it proved to be a forest yeah.
So then I saw 305 life is good then I got thrown off by 307 the book said 215. So I am guessing they wanted it to jive with the rest of the forest 302 and 304 were I believe transferred into other roads as I didn't see them. They also would have come before the forest sign. That sign is like gold. You may commence sleep.
So I decided to keep going still 307 would rejoin with 285. And behold has twilight was creeping up on me I saw it rejoin. Not only that there was flat land! I only needed to go about a 1/4 mile off the main road. There is a bridge in case I need shelter. Water in case I need to filter. And that gargling sound streams make.
On a side note I saw an aquarium 10 gallon with some rain water in it. On 24 heading into Buena Vista
I also was on the colgiate peaks scenic by way. Wow lots of by ways.
By the numbers I had a great day! 54 miles. I am just about under a hundred left.
By the time you read this I will be passing 80 miles and i will have 4 more days left.
But for now a few days rest.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile