Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crawford to Gould Res. 10 miles. About an hour and a half
I went through the town of Crawford. Nice little business district no coperate crap. I then had to climb that same canyon.
Upon my climb I saw a sign that said gas 80 miles. This was followed up by a sign that said Gunnison 61 miles.
So no gas in Gunnison? By the way the gas station is called Despardo. I bought .5 gallons of milk and a liter of pop.
I went by a couple of goats alongside the road who being used as long mowers. I saw 8 dear. Some running along the road. Some darting out onto the road. One deer couldn't quite clear the fences. I wonder if that hurt them.
I saw some Elk also.
I had to climb my hill again. The sunset reminded me of home. By act of congress I found BLM land and beded down the skeeters are bad here time to wake up extra early.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile