Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I forgot a part. I woke up early and hiked down to the trail head on Monday. It didn't rain Sunday and I was hot most of the day. I walked in a loop and this took about 15 mins. Happy none of my bike stuff got wet or taken, I assembled my gear and put the cold descent clothes, gloves, hat, and all the above. Dressing in layers not to let that cold get me. I was headed into aspen freezing my assen.
I passed by a town called independance which was a ghost town. They lost the county seat to Aspen. They also lost the gold. The pass had been scared by a line on the cliff from way back when the stage coach was working it. They spent 2.9 million in restoration of the pass. I manage to fly down the hill in the cold. At times on comming trucks would take up the one laned roads. This was for a construction project. At one point they were chip sawing the road so I had to go a little slow. I did see some parachute people comming down. They were skilled landing in a baseball diamond shaped hay field. 3 of them I got the last in view of my camera.
I again saw a deer jump out in front of a car I was only 20 feet away. The car heading into aspen was going slow enough. They had a bike path yet this was way to narrow less than 2 feet. I knew I hit the town when I started to see the sewer manholes yet I was still I'm the country setting. The whole ride was idealyic. Hugging the cannyon and entering the valley and poof into Aspen it was so quick I got lost. I whipped out my map and started looking. I find a food store which had a map of the toewn and that helped out imennsly. So on 800 monday I got my food and was walking around the pedestran mall area near mill where there is th city park. (Beatiful city I must say). That is when I rolled over some chords that attached to a canera and another one attached to a microphone. "Wow we have to do man on the street". The rest is history.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile